Practice typing error-free and fast with the keyboard [Week 39/20 in Review]
Welcome to my "Week in Review" series. I am back, full of energy, and with a multitude of ideas. Now it is time to prioritize, plan, and execute. How do you approach your tasks? How do you plan your weeks and goals? Please let me know. Until then, enjoy reading this issue.
Practice typing error-free and fast with the keyboard with type.fit
How fast can you type without errors? Have you ever tested it? I came across type.it by chance. This web app shows you for example a quote (they have lots of quotes ) and you have to type it as fast as you can. Of course without mistakes.
Let's see how fast you are compared to me. My speed is 455 chars per minute with zero errors. What about you? Here is my example - and go!
Well, how fast are you? Let me know on Twitter and share your results with us.
I currently read "We Are All Leaders: Leadership is not a position, it's a mindset" by Fredrik Arnander. What about you?
⛓ Links of the Week
- Support the creators you love, directly on Twitter with OnlyTweets. This interesting product just launched. You might be familiar with the name pattern.
- You want to earn rewards while you are commuting. Then give Current a try. I never tried it before, did you?
- While we're at it, you can monetize what you love to do with platforms like Flattr, BuyMeACoffee, or Patreon. Think about monetizing your Podcast with Supercast too.
- How to set up widgets (e.g. Mailchimp) on Hashnode made me think about adding a newsletter signup form to my articles too - see below.
- Speed, Speed, Speed! When you create a website or web app you should focus on speed (besides other relevant factors). Here are 8 tips for optimizing your website's speed.
- In case you missed it, moment.js officially became a legacy project in maintenance mode. I can recommend date-fns as a replacement.
- Get some swag from daily.dev.
- HashiCorp announced the release of its own Hombrew Tap. So if you installed vault, consul, nomad, or terraform with homebrew in the past, you should read this.
- Have you added yourself to the new Howdy maker map, already?
- Good onboarding can be critical to maintaining customer relationships. That's why there are good open source as well as paid tools to help you do this. Recently I stumbled across this exciting tool: boardme.io.
🐦 Tweets of the Week
This is it for week 39/2020.
See you next week - thank you. 👋🏻
If you like this article, chances are you will like my newsletter too. 🚀
This post includes affiliate links; I may receive compensation if you purchase products or services from the different links provided in this article.